Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn








Aconitum (Monkshood) and Siberian asters are the last two perennials to flower in my yard - and here it is only October 23 and they are in bloom. Because of the very mild and wet fall perhaps they will not last as long this year as they usually do.

I think the cold and frosty weather, which is what we normally have this time of year, helps the plants last longer.

With no frost yet this year even the Dahlias are still blooming - even though they have fallen down because of the weight of their flowers, they are still beautiful.

"Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side."

First two photos: - Aconitum
Second two photos: - Siberian asters
Last photo: - an enthusiastic Dahlia

Click on photos to enlarge them.

I have a fantastic quote from the good Helga about training Icelandic Sheepdogs. It's absolutely brilliant. Spot on!! I am anxious to share it but until it's published, I cannot in good faith share it on my blog. She deserves the credit. (I will reveal it, however, to anyone who emails me privately.)

No comments: