Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January Winter

So far Lake Huron near me has not frozen over which means water continues to evaporate forming dense clouds of condensation. As those clouds move away from the lake the water in them falls as lake effect rain or snow - but not here, usually farther south or west. There was a time I wanted Ed Duff to come up and paint my clouds but, I've rationalized, the clouds are here and ever changing so I guess I don't need paintings of them. His cloud paintings are awesome, however. Clicking on photos enlarges them.




The other day large islands of ice out in the deep water 
were current-floating south.  



Yesterday we had about 8 inches of snow which Rick plowed immediately, followed by very strong winds and rain leaving very little snow behind.




No comments: