Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday, May 5, 2019

The view from my north porch this morning.

Below is my Harry Bertoia Chair that we bought more than 50 years ago. It was given to Wayne Teeter of Hilton Upholsterers in Ferndale, Michigan to reupholster more than a year ago. I haven't seen or heard anything about it since despite many phone calls from both me and Jon. Wayne has told me that it's been in his storage unit ever since. He has not given it back and has done nothing with it and calls it a junk chair. He has one of my Eames Chairs that has disappeared at the same time. I asked Andrea Isom of  our local ABC affiliate Channel 7 to help me get my property back and so far she has also failed. Very sad.


Cousin Carol, who lives in Tennessee now, sent me this wedding photo of Aunt Chris and Uncle Roy, her parents. I was named after my Uncle Roy and have always had a special place in my heart for him because of that. On the extreme right are Aunt Margaret and Aunt Liz with me on her lap. My mother is to my right and immediately above her is my father. Grandpa and Grandma Hansen are second and third from the left in the top row. Roy and Chris are below them.


I'm ready for summer and hammocks!


No comments: