Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday, April 3, 2020

Celebrating alone this year. Downward spiral. Two years ago, can it really have been two years?, I invited my friend up to help me celebrate. She cancelled at the last minute and then the next day berated me for not telling her about a minor upcoming elective procedure. I was going to tell her that day. la vie, la vie. And that is why I am not fond of "families", genetic or otherwise.

Beautiful sunrise this morning
Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

And a small family dinner this evening.
Home made broasted chicken and gravy, redskin potatoes, 
broccoli, salad with blueberries and poppy seed dressing


Last winter this bird flew into one of my windows and knocked himself out. I "rescued" him and put him into the cage with my yellow canary. Eventually he woke up and began to fly erratically into the bars of the cage. Gradually he got used to his temporary incarceration, ate, ate, drank, swung on the swing, and eventually began to sing. I knew that one day he would be released but I was concerned that he had gotten used to the warmer temperature in the house versus the outdoor temps. Spring has arrived, even though April has erratic temperatures, sometimes very cold, other times warmer. I didn't want to release him into really cold temperatures because I was afraid the shock would be rough.

Well, I thought today would be a great time to let him go. I hope, hope, hope he'll be OK. Hope springs eternal.

The flowers below are NOT dandelions. I found this plant growing among rocks near the waterfall. In the summer it has rather large leaves. In the early spring it produces these small flowers on very short stalks. I thought the large leaves would like nice near my goldfish pond. Last year I added minnows to the pond - - and they disappeared. No carcasses ever showed up so I suspect they are still there, just near the bottom or hiding in the cattails, under some rocks, or under the milk crates.




Pila, Kit, Totty, Bear

Hellebore

Hellebore

Crocus

Crocus

Crocus

Winter Aconite

Winter Aconite

Winter Aconite

San Salvatore

Wood Chipped North Garden

Wood Chipped North Garden

Wood Chipped North Garden

I guess I'm just the little red hen (la petite poule rouge).

No comments: