Friday, October 26, 2012

Sans Souci

When I drive up to Sans Souci I can feel my blood pressure dropping. Yesterday was a gorgeous day and I worked again clearing some of the underbrush in the north deciduous 'forest' which is behind where my new home should be built - - one day. Annette, Fred, and Loa sent me a horseshoe to go above the door of the pole barn where my office will be. Politicians, insurance companies, used car salespeople, investment counselors, builders and architects must share a lot of the same personality traits. I was told my new home would be done by October if we started by last April. Well, we have not even started yet.

My Mother read the "Little Red Hen" to us over and over when we were children and it was definitely one of my favorite books. "The Little Engine That Could" was another. Extremely valuable lessons! I think about those stories and their lessons all the time - especially now. I also loved Clementina the Flying Pig although the moral was more obscure.

Clicking on photos enlarges them.

No comments: