Monday, January 17, 2022

Frigid -

Tryggur is one of the smartest and most loving and forgiving Icelandic sheepdogs I've ever had. He's a great example of a typical Icy - very smart, very affectionate, playful, energetic, and he carries some exceptional hidden recessive genes. Right now he's acting as either a surrogate father or a loving brother to Watson. They are never far apart; go everywhere together. Here's Trygg camouflaged - hiding (he thinks) in plain sight.


Vinlands Tryggur

Tryggur

Vinlands Tryggur and Vinlands Sir Watson

Vinlands Tryggur

Kit is mother to both Tryggur and Watson so they are half brothers. Trygg's sire is Cola (officially Hidow Sweetness Overload) and Watson's sire is Ullalvas Smari. Tryggur has two sisters - Birna and Kria. Watson has a sister and a brother - ABBA and Kappu.


Vinlands Ulfbehrta Kit

Kit

Cola (Hidow Sweetness Overload)

Ullalvas Smari

I lose their attention when Tracy comes for a visit - she loves training them and always brings great treats.


Grandmother Totty

Great Aunt Pila

I have fewer orchids that I used to have so I try and encourage those that 1. bloom in the winter, 2. are small enough for my window sills, 3. have a nice smell, 4. can tolerate and thrive, or at least survive, in cooler indoor temperatures. I really appreciate their winter blooms. The last photo was taken while I stood outside on my east porch; the reflection in the window shows the contrasts between indoors and outdoors nicely I think. 








A very special Icelandic Sheepdog puppy starts on his great adventure. I really would like to keep them all!




Ice is finally forming on Lake Huron. It's so beautiful when the sun shines and you can see the deep blue sky and water and the shockingly white snow/ice. (Reminds me of Grandma Hansen's Danish plates.) Can you spot the perfectly camouflaged dogs in some of the photos? (Like "Where's Waldo?" - "Where's Watson?"









Vinlands Sir Watson
(Nice front eh?)

Watson's litter sister Vinlands ABBA: - 
Pepper and ABBA

ABBA


Recent First Light

Sunrise





No comments: