Saturday, August 27, 2022

Recent Garden Photos

 The Lycoris lily that hadn't blossomed in about ten years was broken off by the dogs so I was forced (fortunately) to bring it into the house where I actually enjoyed it even more. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.



Lycoris Lily


I first identified Ironweed growing outside at Fritatta. 
Gorgeous purple color, very tall, and loved by insects










This Dahlia is one of my favorites; it mutates readily producing single flowers, doubles, solid purple, purple with white, downward facing, upward facing blooms and the hummingbirds love it.



I'm not good at identifying my ferns. 
This might be the Royal Fern. Maybe?

This wildflower is one of my favorites. Perhaps because of its name: -
Silphium perfoliatum. How cool is that? 
Normally it's very tall and the Goldfinches love its seeds.




No comments: