Saturday, October 8, 2022

Autumn's Arrived

 Here are Icelandic Sheepdogs Kit and Watson at the training building recently. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.






The trips with my Icelandic Sheepdogs to my training facility All Dogs Can give me a chance to experience the advancing wonderful autumn colors. The trees here have just started to show their colors. Alas, the "color season" is, in my opinion, too short.

















Farmers' fields almost always used to have at least one large old elm tree acting as a sentinel in the middle of the field. With elm disease those beautiful graceful old trees disappeared.  This tree would have been considered a youngster then. Now I'm afraid it's riskily old. I'm saddened to think that many people today haven't seen those old matriarchs and patriarchs witnessing their surroundings standing alone in their fields.





The Colchicums are still going strong and are much appreciated as the final, well, near final, garden flowers of the year. There will hopefully be a few other late arrivals lasting to near Thanksgiving, weather permitting.











The starkness of these hay-rounds reminded me of graveyards. Macabre? 







And ships of course.



No comments: