Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Icelandic Sheepdogs

 My Icelandic Sheepdogs routinely complain that post with their photos also have garden shots. They don't like that. We're special, they say. So here they are kind of separate. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

Vinlands Sir Watson







Litter Sisters Vinlands Totty and Pila






Vinlands ABBA






Abba and Sam

Korkur Tailed Sam






Vinlands Tryggur





Tryggur and Sam

Vinlands Ulfbehrta Kit

When my puppy Icies are adopted, I expect them to live out their lives in their new homes with their new families. I try hard to screen my adopters to reduce the likelihood of a return but there may sometimes be a reason or reasons why the fit isn't good - a family death, a change in the families' living situation (divorce, separation), a health change, et cetera. So sometimes I get a dog or get a dog back. Normally I welcome that dog and I keep that dog. Kit, Pila, ABBA, and Bear and Sam came to me or back to me because of a life altering decision. I'm pleased that I could accept them back, integrate them into my life. It's not always easy to complete the integration but it is always ultimately worth it.

No comments: