Wednesday, March 24, 2021

First Week of Spring

 Today we've been promised rain - the emerging spring flowers (and I) need it. (I just lost power - again. We're having a slight small spring shower and we lose power. We have a third rate power grid here.)



I've been working in my south forest trimming branches and removing grapevines from the trees. I can while away hours "working" in my forests. Not a care in the world then. No politics. Just peace, perfect peace.







This bizarre bird, a woodcock, was bobbing along and prospecting for worms, beetles, pill bugs, et cetera. I think they're the birds that have been "singing" strange songs that sound kind of like frog croaking. 

I love wooly bear caterpillars. We see them crawling along the ground looking for something to eat even in the middle of winter. 


And, speaking of wooly bears, here's Tryggur


And his sisters Birna and Kria. I know they have all have inherited their mother's smarts, for which I am grateful. Birna's tail looks like it could become a "korkur" tail like both of her parents' tails; both Cola and Kit have really nice tails - in my opinion. I suspect that Kria, Birna, and Tryggur will have korkur tails too.


Birna

Kria

Kria



No comments: