Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Icelandic Sheepdog Puppies - 10/27/2021

 The Icelandic Sheepdog Puppies from Ullalvas Smari and Vinlands Kit are now two weeks old and have just recently opened their eyes.


Watson, Abba, Kappu

Abba, Kappu

Watson, Abba

Kappu*

Abba**

Watson***

Is this a Blue Moon?

I attended a fiber festival at nearby Camp Cavell last weekend, excellent spot, very nice people, and gorgeous old trees.





We were warned last week that we would have a killing frost so I took some quick snaps of some flowers. The frost didn't happen but the shots are still nice so . . . 

Dahlia

Dahlia

Dahlia

Dahlia

Michael Mass Daisy (fall aster)

Michael Mass Daisy (fall aster)

Chrysanthemum

Ship - of course.

The puppies haven't been officially named yet; we're still working on them. I'm thinking of *Kappu for the first born in remembrance of his Great Grandfather; *Abba for the Swedish pop group because her father, Ullalvas Smari, was Swedish; and *Watson (or perhaps Markus Watson) named for the Brit who brought international attention to the breed thereby saving them from extinction. 

I had two doctors' appointments last week, an ophthalmologist on Monday and a dermatologist on Wednesday. I picked up a really nasty virus from one, probably the Wednesday appointment because by Friday afternoon I was very sick with a deep chest cold. I've been trying to nurse myself and keep up with the dogs and the pups. My abdomen is sore from all the coughing, deep chest coughing. Of course a doctor's office is a great place to pick up new infections. That's where sick people congregate. 

No comments: