Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Flint Institute of Art

 Tracee J. Glab is the new executive Director at The Flint Institute of Art; I cannot imagine how she does it, how she pulls together these amazing special exhibit shows. On Tuesday I visited the Flint Institute of Art - a much needed day trip. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.


When I got home I saw "my" wild turkeys in a field nearby. I think Ben Franklin might have been right! I love these birds, strong sense of family, smart, beautiful, proud.








Every time I go for one of my absolutely necessary visits to Flint, I experience the awe, the wonder of seeing world class exhibits in an easily accessible venue. I love what they do there.  The latest works there are amazing.


There were two special exhibits I saw: one was European cast glass, the other was ceramics/pottery. I'm afraid "awesome" is an overused word. However, regardless: - Truly awesome, fantastic, unimaginable  - what these artists have done.  I am not easily overwhelmed, on Tuesday I was. I'm so sorry that I missed a chance to talk with Ms Glab when I saw her in the hall. Enjoy.


GLASS


























POTTERY
  








No comments: