Friday, November 7, 2008

Links and Puppies






I usually have only one litter of Icelandic Sheepdog puppies a year.

Between litters of my own I often get requests for puppies. I prefer not to make people wait until my next litter because I never know when or if it will actually arrive and how many pups will actually be in it.

I have heard of Icelandic Sheepdog litters with as many as nine puppies; one or two pups in a litter is not uncommon. Usually, however, litters number between four and six.

I am always happy to help people find nice puppies from healthy parents. I am also always pleased to help people find what they are looking for if my litter does not have the color, pattern, fur length, gender or temperament they are looking for. Some people are looking for nice agility Icies, obedience Icies, herding Icies, breeding dogs, pets etc. and I am happy to help with those requests as well.

Listed below are some of my favorite kennels if you want to look for yourself. If you cannot Google them, you can paste them into your web browser and find them that way.

www.fagrahvamms.com/

http://grisara.is/english/

www.icelandicdogs.com

www.icelandicsheepdogs.net

www.isheim.net/engelsk%20index.html

www.lokasteinn.com

www.tarawoods.ch/islandhunde.html

www.tkicelandics.ca

www.ullalva.com/index.html

It is not difficult to import/export Icies. Because they are so few and far between, it is sometimes wise to import Icies to get what you want. I am happy to help with the vagaries of the task but most of the breeders listed above have been there and done that already.

There are always great Icelandic puppies to be found. Finding them within driving distance is possible but not easy.

If you are looking for the right puppy and you think Icelandics are the breed for you, I'll help.
jaimehansen1@comcast.net.

No comments: