Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Brana and Lukka are three weeks old today.

Here is an edited photo. (Remember, you can click on it to enlarge it.) Both pups have now opened their eyes a bit although I doubt they can see distinctly yet. The "blaze" pup just opened her eyes this morning so they are still kind of squinty.

(I have more photos from this morning. If you email me, I'll be happy to send them along privately: - jaimehansen1@comcast.net )

Today for the first time I noticed them playing together - although I think I sometimes hear them playing in the middle of the night - they sleep next to my bed. Soon that will changed and they will be moved into a larger nesting box. As their muscular coordination develops, I expect the play to be longer lasting and not quite so clumsy. They are too funny! Halfway through an attack, they both fall asleep.

We had a bit of a SNAFU. I ordered gene testing through VetGen in nearby Ann Arbor, Michigan done on the girls to see if either carried the b-gene for chocolate-brown. I paid extra to have the process expedited but somehow the fast-tracking got lost along the way and we are still waiting for the results.

I apologize to the families who are waiting to hear how things turned out!

VetGen has generously canceled the extra cost and promised to expedite the tests. That's why I keep going back to them and recommending them to others. They are pleasant and work hard to get things right! They always return my phone calls or emails promptly.

No comments: