Saturday, November 14, 2009

Autumn in Kensington





We are having a beautiful autumn.

For the second week we went to Kensington Metro Park not far from Royal Oak and reveled in the day. The lake is filled with various kinds of ducks, geese and swans stopping on their southward migrations. It's not Silver Lake where I spent summers and grew up but it's very close. I fell in love with nature at "The Cottage" as did my brother David, and my cousins Tom and Tim.

Pila ran in the oak leaves, played in the muck along the shoreline until she was gray, swam in the lake to clean up and then ran some more to dry off. She must have felt like she was back on her farm in Vermont before the evil witch cursed her - which turned out to be a blessing for me.

We agreed today that fate has been kind to both of us. To all of us. The curse turned out to be a blessing. That happens sometimes. Good does triumph.

No comments: