Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bersi av Isheim




We have started calling Bersi, "Bear" - he is as warm and fuzzy as a living teddy bear. I expect things to change but Bersi has barked only once or twice since he arrived here from Sweden two weeks ago right before the volcanic eruption in Iceland caused massive flight cancellations. I took his narrow escape as a sign from Odinn.

I want his first "test" breeding to be with Totty.

Bear and Totty are not related but look like they could be from the same litter. Although he is four years old and has A hips and clear eyes, he has never had puppies; I want to be sure everything is in working order before I offer him for stud to others.

If you read my blog regularly, you may remember Bear was a legacy offered to me by Arne Hakon Tunheim and Lillemor Kullman. He and Korpur are getting along OK now but over the course of getting used to sharing space, they have called one another many good old Anglo-Saxon names which I will not repeat.

Click on photos to enlarge them.

No comments: