Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pila's Pups



Aska, Buska, and Yankee are eating on their own but still grabbing snacks at Mom's milk counter. (Left to right - Buska, Aska, Yankee)

They are now over four weeks old, active and continuing to gain weight. Mom is sleeping with the rest of the pack at night now.

All the other adults have visited the pups and are socializing them. (Top to bottom - Buska, Aska, Yankee)

All of my dogs have had their health checks and passed them with flying colors. They continue to be tested for possible eye problems annually even though they have no recent ancestors with any issues or problems as far as I know.

My puppies are raised in my home with the rest of my dogs and socialized with humans, my cat and my Icelandics. I do not line-breed or inbreed my dogs; I out-cross them for sound genetic health.

Temperament is of paramount importance for me followed very closely by sound genetic and physical health and freedom from parasites and diseases. I consider having healthy hips very important and breed towards that goal.

I breed according to American Kennel Club guidelines. My dogs are active in American Kennel Club dog sports. They are all registered in the Canadian Kennel Club and the American Kennel Club. They are also registered in the United Kennel Club. They leave home with implanted microchips and FULL complete registrations with the AKC, CKC and UKC.

I have been active for decades with my dogs in Sportsmen's Dog Training Club of Detroit, an all volunteer American Kennel Club obedience club that trains people and dogs for conformation, rally, obedience, etc. I am a not only a member of SDTC but I am also an active instructor and student in the club and believe in positive motivation.

My dogs are my family; they live, eat and sleep with me. They have full access to my home and my entire backyard.

I do not bad-mouth other Icelandic clubs or breeders - ever. "Everybody does better when everybody does better." J. Hightower

I respond to all legitimate questions as soon as humanly possible.

No comments: