Thursday, August 23, 2012

Diamond Jacks

My brother David visited from Rhode Island last weekend. The first day we went up to see my property on Lake Huron in Palms, Michigan. I think he liked it as much as I do.
Then we went on Diamond Jack's guided river cruise. The views of Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario are spectacular. While waiting for the boat to arrive at the pier, I saw this lady in orange seated by the marigolds. It was as if she planned her outfit to suit the location. Gorgeous!
                                               (Click on photos to enlarge them.)
Saturday was David's birthday and we celebrated together. Maybe next year Carolyn will be able to visit and we can celebrate up north in my new home.

We saw a movie and enjoyed the Woodward Dream Cruise with over 30,000 cars and a million other folks. http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/ (Cut and paste this address.)

I allow several Jewel Weed plants to grow in my backyard each summer. They are a bit rangy but the orange impatiens-like flowers are extremely attractive to hummingbirds and therefore well worth their presence.
Orange must be my color this month.


No comments: