Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sans Souci & Goodells

On an absolutely gorgeous autumn day, Tryggur and Totty, my Icelandic Sheepdogs, went with me up to see the progress on the NX this morning. Looking very good! Daren came up after we got there and worked on the water heater, the two sinks, a double one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom, the doors and lock, and the new window for the Dutch doors. The painting is finished and it looks terrific.
Maybe if you click on this to enlarge it, you can see the bees drinking nectar on this Sedum, appropriately named "Autumn Joy" - it is - a joy!
This Sedum used to have only white flowers but a few years ago a somatic mutation produced a couple of stems with hot pink flowers. I need to separate the two plants!

Daren said in addition the the doe with her twin fawns we also have wild turkeys.The dogs and I took a walk down the road - there are all kinds of smells there to intrigue the dogs. The leaves are just barely beginning to turn color.
Because it was a bright sunny day, the Colchicums have opened more. I believe they are actually larger than tulips (but the squirrels leave them alone).

After the visit we stopped at Goodells where Sylvia, Jennifer and Darlene were at an AKC trial. LeRoy was shown by Jennifer and got Reserve Winners.Yay! I met Karen and her dog Ernie - really nice boy. And saw Tina again. It's nice to visit old friends and meet new ones - dog people are really nice. Also met Deb a friend of Debbie; they co-own some very handsome dogs together. It was a very nice show and everyone was very friendly. I was out in the sun a little too long but it really was worth it!
They are such a delight and always a surprise because I forget they are there. After the leaves die down in the early summer, they seem to disappear.

Daren offered to help me with some of the moving and I took him up on it. I think moving the sofa bed, the queen sized bed, the heavy coffee table and a few other things would have been too hard for me.


No comments: