Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

In Forestville, Michigan near where I live, we've had a few days of bitter cold and roaring winds which brought down several of my sun-catchers which twirl in the wind discouraging birds from flying into my windows. I'll need to put them back up very soon as I expect more migrating birds fairly soon. They hang by monofilament lines and capture the light reflecting it and spinning it around the inside of my home dazzling the floor and walls. They often accidentally get into my photos as I try and capture the amazing views here. Clicking on photos enlarges them.


 Realizing it's almost spring, the bald eagle has returned to perch at the top of a large cottonwood tree that's near the bluff in the southeast corner of my property. I raced to get the camera but just caught him/her taking off mid-wing-beat east out to the lake towards Canada perhaps looking for fish?


First light and sunrise this morning. Of course it's spectacular. It's hard not to be amazed everyday. So why bother.

I've recently rediscovered Maya Angelou.
"When someone shows you who they are, 
believe them the first time."





My taxes are done for another year. My Social Security went up $2.00 a month. As if! It's a shame that our politicians don't live in our real world, isn't it?

No comments: