Wednesday, October 16, 2019

San Salvatore in the Autumn

Yes, the weather is changing and some animals are nearing the time for their winter hibernation; the approaching first frost encourages appreciation of what we still have. Fall and spring - my favorite seasons. Winter and summer are 'confining' for me and I love to be outdoors. Clicking on photos enlarges them.




Years ago someone, a gardener friend, made fun of the oxalias in my garden. I've always wondered what makes one flower or plant "good" and desirable and what makes another "bad" and a weed. These yellow oxalia flowers could not be lovelier - in my opinion.


Went back to see Catie Newell's "Secret Sky" in good weather - 
well, maybe "better" weather is more accurate. Even better this time.

The support work done on the barn's interior is amazing.
It's definitely a secret work of art.
Virginia Creeper is a nice touch, eh?




Colchicums (Colchicine)


Autumn Colors on the Sumac



Eupatorium or Colchicum - which attract more insect pollinators?
Hardy Ageratum or Autumn Crocus?














No comments: