Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday, December 8, 2019

"That's the advantage with psychopaths - they think they're so fantastic that sooner or later they make a mistake." - Professor T on PBS.

(Clicking on photos enlarges them.)

When the facts are against you, argue the law. When the law is against you, argue the facts. When both are against you, pound on the table and shout really loud. - advice to lawyers


"We judge others by ourselves." Our Mutual Friend - Charles Dickens


My dogs sometimes bark and run around when theres' nothing there that I can see. I know they're right. Always. I just can't see it. Then last night I think I saw one of the things that upsets them. She must visit just at dusk to look for birds or rodents. How do I know she's a "she"? 99% of calico cats are females. Rarely a male is born with an extra chromosome and sometimes that male is also a calico. Rare though.


"Here, right matters." Lt. Col. Vindman


"A person is never known til a person is proved." Mrs. Blinder - Bleak House


"A painting lives in the eyes of the sensitive viewer." - Mark Rothko


One of my favorite farms is on Snay Road not far from me.  I happend to catch them spreading manure (probably cattle) on one of their fields recently. Three trucks were lined up along a dirt road and were connected to the tractor by long hoses spraying the muck on the field. I love my life up here.


"It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is."


"Do what you know to be right. 
Act in a fashion that you can look back 
and not be embarrassed but proud."


"When someone stabs you,
it's not your fault that you feel pain."


I keep my friends close and my enemies closer -
said by an Arab leader whose friends killed him later.


1. To us art is an adventure into an unknown world 
which can be explored only by those willing to take risks.


2. The world of the imagination is fancy-free and 
violently opposed to common sense.


3. It is our function as artists to make the spectator 
see the world our way - not his way.


4. We favor the simple expression of the complex thought . . 
We are for flat forms because they destroy illusion and reveal truth.


5. It is a widely accepted notion among painters 
that it does not matter what one paints as long as it is well painted.
Attributed to Rothko

No comments: