Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chocolate and White



There are three examples of chocolate Icelandics not counting short (medium) length hair/fur and long length hair/fur.

Chocolate and white Icelandics are extremely rare and extremely beautiful, don't you agree? The first and only one I know of belongs to a good friend who lives within a few miles of me. I think his owner/breeder may try to produce more Icelandics like Viggo. (Notice the chocolate-brown pigment is coming in around his right eye.) Click on photos to enlarge them.

Genetically I believe him to be bb with Irish spotting (some white fur) of course. Sooner or later we will figure out more about him genetically. He is obviously going to have long hair/fur.

Let me be very clear: I personally do not prefer one type over another. I have always loved all the types and colors and patterns and fur lengths and fur textures of Icelandics. I love the diversity in Icelandics. I feel strongly that all types must be encouraged and maintained.

No comments: