Tuesday, February 16, 2010

True Chocolate Tricolors





There are three examples of chocolate Icelandics not counting short (medium) length hair/fur and long length hair/fur.

The dogs in these photos are examples of what I call true chocolate tricolors. For ease in writing and talking I call them TCTs. Genetically they are atat bb. They may be long haired/furred or short haired/furred. Some may have more white (Irish spotting) or less white. They may also come in pied, a different gene from Irish spotting.

Let me be very clear: I personally do not prefer one type over another. I have always loved all the types and colors and patterns and fur lengths and fur textures of Icelandics. I love the diversity in Icelandics. I feel strongly that all types must be encouraged and maintained.

No comments: