Thursday, August 11, 2011

Korpur






Korpur has been ill but is now on the road to recovery. He spent a night at the emergency vets on Tuesday. His heart rate was way up. He was vomiting and had diarrhea. Apparently he ate something, you know dogs, that upset his system. I suspect a chipmunk but we'll never know what it really was. He's been known to do that before. They all do. How do you stop a dog from foraging?

For now, he's resting, eating a special diet for three days, and taking three kinds of pills until he recovers. All of us have been walking around on tiptoes - well the other dogs aren't but I am.

I may be only slightly biased (ha!) but I think Korp is very studly. I call him my stud-muffin. He's one of my nicest dogs, temperament-wise, a real cuddler in an appropriate way - not too much, and a very affectionate dog to humans and other dogs as well. Fortunately, he has thrown his amazing good looks to his puppies. Tryggur from his most recent litter shows great potential.

As always, to enlarge the photos, click on them once or twice.

No comments: