Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kersins Huld (Thordunu Kria)






I was so lucky to find Helga and, a little later, Silla, when I first started with Icelandic Sheepdogs. Those kind, generous, and wonderful ladies have both been excellent non-judgmental mentors.

I have been blessed with the kind of guidance and tutoring that a novice really needs when trying to negotiate the hurdles of raising, training, breeding, whelping, Icelandics. I wish that everyone could experience the kind of leadership those ladies and some others like them have given me. I have been extremely lucky to have avoided the dictatorial, dogmatic, it's "my way or the highway" experience that some people have had lately.

From the day Huld got here from Iceland eleven years ago she has loved being up on the steps looking down on the living room. She and Kria can often be found there when all the others are "with" me. They must think of it as a dormant volcano! (Or an active one - Eyjafjallajokul?? I'm spelling that from memory so it's probably wrong.) I have to coax the two of them down - often.

;o)

Thank you Silla and Helga!

No comments: