Friday, June 8, 2018

Vinlands Icelandics - June, What is so rare as - -

Frankie and Warhol came up this week for a short visit. They never stay long enough - which, I suppose, is both bad and good. I really hate to see them leave though. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

Frank

Frank

Warhol

This Bluebird has been fighting his own reflection in the windows for days. Even our attempts to cover the windows with construction paper don't work, he perches on it to peck at his image. I think he's going to exhaust himself when, IMO, he should be catching insects to feed his family.



We had a wonderful tour of a garden in Port Sanilac a few days ago. They have amazing Hosta, poppies, irises, daylilies, ferns, groundcovers, and some very old trees including the largest sugar maple I've ever seen. Their house is located on a former old gravel pit right on the shores of Lake Huron. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

Here are some recent shots from my yard.

Spirea

Dame's Rocket

Dame's Rocket

My cousin Kathy lives in a new home on the old family farm in Willis. Cousin Andy lives in the 150 year old family farmhouse which just burned down so Andy and his dogs have moved in with Kathy. I heard that the house was a total loss. The barn is OK. The horse is also OK. Hopefully their insurance will pay for everything and they can rebuild either on that spot or further over by their pond.

Baptisia

Baptisia

Japanese Iris

Japanese Iris

Japanese Iris

Chives

Chives

Christine just got back from Great Britain. Sandi went there earlier in the spring. I'm envious of both! Maybe one day! I have been thinking it might be nice to visit Quebec City! I wonder how hard it would be to get there by train. And to find a dog sitter.

Daisies

Daisies, Forget-me-nots, Ranunculus

Red Osier Dogwood

I'll be driving to Port Huron to pick up parts to repair my Honda's air conditioner. Bad engineering for the tube/pipe to wear out so soon. I realize that also happens to other cars as well as Hondas but don't engineers get paid big bucks? Just wondering.

Sunset looking east

Sunset looking east

Sunset looking east




No comments: