Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday, October 6, 2018

My brother David is now safely back in Rhode Island with Carolyn. He was here for five days and I think it rained every day! We went out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for almost every meal. I must have gained ten pounds. In every relationship there's a flower and a gardener.

The day he left we had a gorgeous "first light" show. I actually enjoy first lights more than the actual sunrise. Clicking on photos enlarges them.










Most of the Monarchs have fled but this poor butterfly seems hopelessly stuck on a branch that had fallen on my deck in the cold and wet rainy weather we've been having all week - including even today. I hope it soon warms up enough for this insect to make it further south.




Walking in the Behnke Woods we found these lovely fungi. 
Clicking will enlarge the photos.



Although there are still a few minnows there, the Secret Waterfall and Pond are almost dry now.







The Cathedral Forest leading to the Behnke Beach







Virginia Creeper in Fall Color


Behnke Beach on Lake Huron




No comments: