Sunday, January 27, 2019

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Although it doesn't seem to give much warmth at this time of the year when we are 1.) tilted away from the sun and 2.) at the furthest distance in our orbit from the sun, yet the first light and sunrises  still make for some gorgeous mornings. These are some photos from the last three days. One of my favorite trees is still a sapling but it has the most interesting branches that reach out archingly, gracefully beautiful. It is at the edge of my neighbors' bluff so I'm guessing as it gets older and heavier, it might slip off and fall towards the beach. Gravity. Meanwhile I love its artistic beauty. Early mornings give us fabulous blue snow. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.







On Friday the sun couldn't seem to penetrate the frosty clouds.


Today the mist was rising from the frozen ice between the distant ice cliffs and the nearby shore.




Unfortunately I now sometimes have deer at my bird feeders. Totty is my watch dog and howls wolf-like when they get into the yard - for which she gets rewarded with treats and praise. I enjoy watching the birds - not the deer. I would love to know a way to discourage them - - -









No comments: