Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Korpur the Icelandic Sheepdog recently turned fifteen years old and perhaps celebrated too much. He's been sick for three days but is slowly but surely recovering. We are senior buddies.


I had been trying to buy a puppy from Iceland but failed which has left me quite down in the dumps. I was expecting him at eight weeks. Then at nine weeks. Then ten. And eleven. And twelve. What I didn't know was that she had left the pups with a friend who took a three week vacation after she got the pups and left the pups with yet another person. Shipping costs are partly determined by the size of the crate, the older a puppy is, the larger the crate and the greater the cost. The breeder kept promising that she would get the IBAN number so I could send the funds but she never got it so I never got it - thankfully now. For a time she wanted me to go to Iceland in order to pick up the pup.



The truth is that if I do go to Iceland, I would like to stay a while and meet some of the nice folks I've talked with over the past couple of decades. I do not want to go and just turn around and come back home. For a time I thought maybe I could send someone there to pick up the pup. I wrote many emails in order to find out news about the process. My emails remained unanswered for many days and then not all my of questions were actually answered. I do ask a lot of questions because I want to know what I'm getting. I really liked this breeder and I am very sorry that I didn't get my puppy. He would have been a very nice companion. If only, eh?




Tracy and Jon came up for a short visit and, as usual, we all had a great time. We never run out of things to say or do. It helps, of course, that politically, we think alike.



March is supposed to come in like a lion and it did. I hope it also goes out like a lamb - but I would not bet on it. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.





About seventy years ago on March 9 my first dog was born - it's been a life long journey with these four footed, furry, companion animals. I wonder how long dogs and humans have been living symbiotically.







No comments: