Monday, September 21, 2020

Trusses - Monday, 9/21/2020

 It seems like (and it actually was) a very long time to wait for the next stage of construction. The problem, I was told, is that because of the Corona virus, no construction happened for several months. Then when it did start, there was a backlog of construction, some unfinished projects and some new ones. There were also a lot of supply end construction businesses with loads of back orders and new orders waiting to be processed. And that took time. Those supply businesses are still behind. And because of the delays the costs have skyrocketed. Fortunately, even though my costs were surprisingly high, the orders had been placed and the prices were locked in. 




Regardless, the trusses came early this morning and the men showed up not much later. I'm hoping that progress will progress.

I "discovered" Brunnera on a garden walk about a year ago. The one I noticed was the "wild" green type and I loved it so I asked the nice lady if I could have a division. (See the first photo below.) Then I ordered several green plants and scattered them around the north forest with the Hosta, aka rabbit and deer lettuce. I also bought some variegated types. So far, fingers crossed, the deer/rabbits ignore them.




Jack in the pulpit fruit

Monarch on Buddleia

Colchicum

Colchicum



Trusses arrived, workers too. They're doing a lot of really professional looking work. Watching the progression is fascinating. Looking at Brian Howard's plans is one thing - very interesting. Seeing actually seeing how things fit together is another. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.









No comments: