Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cold Snap - Sunday, November 24, 2013

The temperatures have dropped to below freezing and I've been worried about the pipes freezing in the pole barn so this morning I went up early to shut them off and to take up some more paintings. Almost all the big paintings are up there now.

I've also been able to drop off old paint cans at SOCCRA for disposal - that's a huge relief. Some of those cans had paint from more than 35 years ago. I have made several trips to donate books to the Royal Oak Library used book sale to support their programs. The Salvation Army has received several van-loads of clothing, kitchen equipment, tchotchkes, etc. I am making headway
Looking out my front door, I took this shot today. Christine sent me the camera website for Harbor Beach, the largest town north of my place. Pretty cool live shots: - 
http://www.huroncounty.com/play/webcams/harbor-beach
If you can't click on the above and go directly there, you could copy and paste it into your browser. 

Today I saw the old barn beams for the two mantels lined up next to the pole barn - very cool, lots of character.
The drywall guys have been there and have started mudding the walls; the house is very warm and toasty. (I know, I know - the photos are kind of boring - except to me!)

Dave from the fence company told me that some time this coming week they will be at the house to begin putting up the fence and the trellises; then I can take the dogs up with me more often.

I've added Brian Howard's website to my links above on the right - HF Architecture. Check it out. He does really amazing things. I'm humbled and in awe of him and his talent; I'm honored that he is doing my really small project for me.

No comments: