Monday, February 24, 2014

Hringa and Wodin

Some news and new photos of Hringa and Wodin.
 Hringa with Ric and Barbara and her family at Christmas. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

Wodin in the snow. Icelandics and snow: - an unbeatable combination. They feel right at home in the kind of weather we've been having this year.

"We have had our cottage land for 10 years now and the garden is just starting to look a little more mature. My garry oaks and other trees have reached 7', but I still haven't got a liner or clay for the pond and the weeds have moved in with a vengeance which is really distressing as I didn't want to use sprays etc. on them but there is no way I can weed them. My small sunken garden has had all the 'flowers' buried under grass and on it goes.  Keeping the main house up and working on the other is becoming difficult as things seem to take so much longer than they used to and......are you finding that too?
Anyhow we're in the middle of a snowstorm - haven't had many this year just you lot to the east so ....Wodin had an absolute ball so I thought you might like a picture or two of one happy boy.
"


 Steve and Imelda (and Wodin, of course) had a profound affect on me. Maybe they don't realize it but I decided to build and move to the shores of Lake Huron, one of the Great Lakes that surround both peninsulas of Michigan, because of their wonderful stories. Brian and Clair, my architect and my builder - I love saying that - have been working very hard and the house is nearing completion. The house and the surroundings just simply belong together. (Brian's website is above on the right - HF Architecture.)

No comments: