Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The fireplace doors are up and ready - - - - - Clicking on photos enlarges them.
Clearly I am not going to be able sleep in. The house is very sunny, bright, and happy! That's fine; I've always been a morning person. (The "circle" on the wall in the second photo must be either an artifact on the lens of my camera or a reflection.)

I'm calling this room the "hearthroom" which is my combined kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, etc. Carolyn recently suggested I read "Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy" by Flora Thompson. (Actually she suggested I watch the video but instead I'm enjoying the book on my Kindle.) I've changed the name Ms Thompson used from hearthplace to hearthroom which I like much better than family room, great room, gathering room, etc. Those names all seem to me a bit pretentious and/or non-inclusive; this is NOT a pretentious room but a warm, loving, accepting, inclusive, comfortable room in what is really a small home.

The room on the left of the wall in the two lower photos above I'm calling the "cubby" which I'm pretty sure will not please Brian. 
The walls look darker than they are probably because of the sunlight. 

The Great Lakes, including Lake Superior, have frozen almost completely over because of the extreme polar vortices we've experienced this winter. I'm guessing that might reduce evaporation from the water which, in turn, might actually raise the lake levels a bit.

No comments: