Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday, March 30, 2013

Sunday, March 30, 2013

This well may be my last posting. I know a mean spirited person (or two) who will like that. 

The movers are coming tomorrow - arrangements were made at the beginning of March before I knew "when" I would be able to move - and we will be moving lock, stock, and barrel (dogs, cats, bonsai, plants, furniture, et cetera) up to the last "knuckle" of the "Thumb" on Lake Huron. 

As a result I will be saying good-bye to Comcast phone, internet, and TV. They have been mostly "good" - although their penchant for raising fees with virtually every billing will NOT be missed. I do not know how anyone will be able to contact me!

I do not know if I will be able to access my blog when I have new satellite non-Comcast connections. Help!! I also may be losing Facebook. Where's a tech-savy kid when you really need one?

Normally the winter aconite - the happy yellow flowers seen below - appear the first or second week in February - hence the name "winter" aconite. Here we are almost in April, two months late, and they have finally shown themselves.

Clicking on the photos will enlarge them. Once enlarged, clicking on the letter "X" in the upper right hand corner will return you to the text.

The snowdrops shown below as they are just barely emerging from the ground and also one or two amongst the vinca as just barely open are about two months late this year as well. I will miss, horribly miss, my garden here in Royal Oak.


I hope the person(s) who buy my home will like gardens for they will be acquiring an amazing one here. I've frequently said that they will probably put in a tennis court or a pool. The only constant is change.

The photo below was taken in January, 2012 and I have no idea at all why it appeared with the photos taken today. It had been lost. Why on earth it should show up now is beyond me. A free adult beverage to anyone who can tell me the names of the ladies and their dogs and where it was taken. (I know!)


No comments: