Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The trips up with small packages are slowing down a bit; maybe there's one more trip with house plants and perhaps another one or two with what-nots. It's time to contact my moving company and make a date.

No new photos just some re-dos.
I spent virtually all day yesterday cleaning out my basement - almost 40 years of "stuff" - sorting through recyclables and packing up stuff to move. Once again the recyclables were placed out on the curb for Tuesday morning trash and recyclable day. Then this morning I drove the saved stuff to Sans Souci.
Each view shows treasured memories; this one shows a handiwork done by my Grandma Hansen's sister Marie which hung in Grandma's house when I was a kid; an unfinished San Francisco sky done my my cousin Tom; a Kelly Carnahan winter scene done for David when he lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico; a Jonathan Rajewski piece called :"Sexus"; a water color by Kaiko Moti, I believe, that I've had for more than three decades and it's twin I recently discovered at the Royal Oak Farmer's Market; and a Donald Saff work which we bought from Lester Arwin Gallery when we enjoyed going to downtown Detroit for the downtown Hudson's store, art galleries like Arwin's and the Detroit Artist's Mart, the Music Hall, and lunch or dinner at the Caucus Club. The previous photo, just above this one, shows a Jon Parlangeli above the fireplace.
In the upper left is another Jonathan Rajewski, a water color of Elmore Leonard by Jax, shoes done by Niagara for a benefit, a triptych entitled "Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll" by Jerome Feretti and another of my much loved tree etchings - this one bought at the only DuMouchelles auction I ever went to. Clicking on photos enlarges them.
I keep adding plants from my current home to the east windows of my new home each trip up now. I have a wonderful collection of Bonsai; many of mine are Norfolk Island Pines which I like because they are tropical and must be kept indoors where they can be seen and enjoyed in the winter. I don't know why people who do Bonsai don't use them more.They are, of course, best viewed by themselves but they need sunlight and water to grow so I keep them in a sunny window. Over the years I have given away some of my best examples - - - never to be heard from again. 

Back in the "cubby hole" is a Craig Nowak, an Aedwynn  Darrow, two Judy Chos, a Jon Parlangeli, a Jonathan Rajewski, a Wayne Douglas Quinn, some Jack Johnsons, and two sheepskin pages from an old choral book that Aunt Betty owned at one time.


No comments: