Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I've been contacted by owners of one of my dogs that's about 8.5 years old with tooth problems. There might be auto-immune issues involved. Has anyone had similar problems with their dogs?

When I moved to the Thumb, I brought a 50 year Ginkgo bonsai that I started from a seedling; and released it. It's doing well. I read an article once in the New Yorker that said that all Ginkgoes in the same place lose their leaves simultaneously blanketing the ground with golden leaves. I'd love to see that sometime. Clicking on photos enlarges them.


 Two ships passing in the early morning.
 
An Ed Duff sky.


 
I now have all the house plants back inside the house. Although I haven't had a frost yet, I expect one soon. Frosts come later here than back in Royal Oak even though I am further north; I think Lake Huron moderates the temperatures in the fall. Spring comes later here for the same reason; it takes longer to warm back up because of Lake Huron.

My late blooming variegated liriope


My basswood (Tilia americana, linden, lime tree) has lost most of its leaves.

No comments: