Saturday, March 25, 2017

Refresh Time

What makes for a great photo? I don't know. I'm just happy when my shots are in focus. I liked the recent sunrise shot below. Clicking on photos enlarges them,


Many birds are returning now. Last week I saw turkey vultures, robins, cedar waxwings, red-winged blackbirds, etc. It's so good to have them back here. The robins have even eaten a few of the viburnum berries which surprised me.



Normally winter aconites have flowered as early as mid February even here but not this year when they just now showed up along with a few species crocus, some spring irises, and even the small, over-wintering, ground-cover sedums look nice to me now.






I was able to work in the west forest along the northern edge twice last week removing overgrown red twig dogwoods, grapevines, Russian olives, and trimming up some of the spruce and pines by removing dead lower branches, Yesterday withing a few minutes I could feel the cold weather arrive back yet again while I was finishing up. It looks like we'll have cold and rain today, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Someone asked me if I minded. Nope. Not at all. That gives me a chance to rest up between bouts of gardening activity! Also have books to read and some discs of Game of Thrones to watch and they are really enjoying. I have finally found the perfect spot for my Ikea rocking-chair - facing west by the stone fireplace overlooking the pole barn and the northern forest.

No comments: