Monday, May 29, 2017

Faux Gogh


When I saw this boulder I was instantly reminded of Vincent van Gogh's "The Starry Night". Clicking on photos enlarges them. Try to find the quarter in the second photo below for size comparison. There are loads of rocks and boulders of all sizes here in Michigan's Thumb; they were left behind when the glaciers retreated only 10,000 years ago. They say the ice was a mile high here.

Many people have boulders in the front yards out by the road. This one I wanted to be able to see every day from my kitchen window.



Korpur recently turned thirteen. He's an amazing dog and, I think, he looks great. I recently became reacquainted with one of Korp's grandsons. I used to wonder why anyone would want to clone their pet. Now I get it. You can't see in these photos but he has a korkur tail




It's much easier to see korkur tails in the photos below. I'm a little disappointed that a few of our Icelandic Sheepdogs have "lazy" tails.





No comments: