Friday, August 30, 2019

Hringa Fernandez

I was deeply saddened to hear of the recent passing this summer of Icelandic Sheepdog Hringa Fernandez in July, 2019. She lived a good life and was loved by her family and loved them in return. She is greatly missed by her adoptive family and by me too.  Korpur, her father, is still with me; Huld, her mother, passed  recently.

I've been extremely fortunate to be able to place, without contracts, the majority of my puppies in loving families where they fit in and there was mutual love. I never cared whether my "kids" went to obedience homes, farm homes, herding homes, agility homes, pet homes, support homes, even conformation homes, etc. In all the decades now of breeding Icelandic Sheepdogs only four puppies have been returned to me as unsuccessful matches: Two returnees, Kit and Pila, returned as adults and are still with me; the other two found replacement adoptive homes as puppies within a few days of their return and have stayed in their second homes. I am so very, very glad of that virtually all of my kids have been kept and loved. Nothing, nothing makes me happier than to hear about their lives with their families. Thank all of you so very, very much.

I am including some photos of Hringa Fernandez: - 








No comments: