Thursday, August 22, 2019

Maya Angelou

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
 - Maya Angelou


Talky Totty

I believe that my Icelandic Sheepdog Totty thinks she's actually talking to me. She goes on and on and on making noises; in her mind those noises are exactly like my noises to her. We have great conversations daily.

Recently on the way to the Port Austin Farmers' Market we went down a road we had never traveled before, a "new" road for us and saw these. I wonder what they are?



Tracy hard at work in the kitchen with her escargots. 
Garlic, butter, and snails - yum, yum. 





Jon checks the shells to make sure they were cleaned last time we used them. They were - clean that is.

Yes. A sunset. On David's birthday.


The last of my three dahlia varieties to bless us with its huge blooms. When this one finally flowers, fall is almost upon us! Bittersweet.

Dahlia

Rose of Sharon

My volunteer sunflower's progression over the past several days. 
Each "petal" is an individual flower. Each seed is produced from its own individual flower.
Check out the individual tiny flowers in the center as they open and later close.






No comments: