Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thora 6-2-12



Thora was the last puppy to leave which gave me some extra very much appreciated time to enjoy her. She really missed her siblings, especially Wodin who left yesterday. Thora is very interesting. She would much rather learn about new things and smell new smells than eat. I had to tempt her and sit with her quietly in order to get her to finish her meals. Sally told me that was like their male Icelandic "Wooki". 

                                                                    Thora, Sally and Simon

I'll have to ask Sally, Sal, and Simon for some photos of Wooki to post on my blog. He comes from rare parents and has never had puppies. He is a really nice shade of red which seems to be an uncommon color in our North American Icelandics.





I wish I could have invited Wooki in but I was concerned about the protective nature of Thora's mother Totty. Sally, Simon and I stayed and talked while Simon's father Sal took Wooki over to the park across the street while we visited. Simon also met Thora's grandmother Kria.

Thora is very lucky to have found her new family. Thora is also a somewhat unusual Icelandic because she likes to be held - although one day soon she may be too big to be a lap dog!.


Thora, Sally and Simon





Thank you to Sally, Sal and Simon.

No comments: