Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, October 18

Water table is painted now; garage doors are next. Once again I was told the soil will be added and graded 'next week'; third time in three weeks but who's counting or keeping track. Clicking on photos enlarges them.
Paula, the fence lady, came and measured for a fence today; estimate will be ready next week. Jim Dawson came also to see where I want the woodchips delivered. I have to do something to prevent the dogs from tracking in mud all winter. There's no way grass will have time to grow now. They've waited way too long to grade and seed the land.
Sunrise lighting the east-facing house; stonework done in the front.

My friends have been enormously helpful calling to hear about progress (or, actually, lack of same), holding my hands through all the delays, commiserating over underbids, and over pricings, helping me move things piece by piece up there, etc. It's times like these when you find out who your true friends are. A huge "Thank You!" to all.

No comments: