Monday, October 28, 2013

Grading - Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013
You may not see any difference but I do! A layer of clay has been added and graded and the "stored" topsoil has been spread so the pile which blocked the view is gone and you can see Lake Huron again. This view is from my front (east) porch. The stone wall is at the bottom of the photo. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.
The guys were working inside today nailing up the drywall. They can't put "mud" on until the heat can be turned on - probably in ten days or two weeks (sigh, whichever is longer - haha!) I planted several clumps of species grasses, including some I dug up along M-25. I also dug up one clump of Colchicum from my current home and planted that along with the grasses in front of the stone railing of the porch. It was totally amazing how much that one bulb bought years ago had divided and increased. If you look closely you might be able to see the grasses. Probably the deer will be able to see them too! These views are of the front of the house which faces Lake Huron; there must have been half a dozen freighters today.
The yellow cord marks the underground geothermal pipes and the wooden stakes mark the line to the septic tank/field. They are there so the fence guy wont hit them when digging. 
The fence guy didn't come to measure today but perhaps soon. Jim Dawson came to double check where I want the wood chips spread. I'm hoping he can do that before the fence goes in.
Two additional piles of stored topsoil which were west of the house have also been spread (after clay was added). Now there's a clear view of the back of the house too.Some gravel has been added for the driveway. I'll miss my blacktop! I've lived in my current home for more than 35 years and never had to "fix" the driveway; every year or two I would sealcoat it and it's lasted great. The black absorbs the sunlight which melts the snow. Sigh!!




No comments: