Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday, December 23, 2013

I got this posting (below in italics) from Suzanne who has a new "puppy" Icelandic Sheepdog - named Tryggur. (The puppy photo of Tryggur below was taken by Veronica Dowling of Hidows Kennel in Michigan. Tryggur was bred by Veronica and Cathy Lallemand of Thrymheim Kennel also in Michigan.)
"Tryggur is working on climbing trees! He's caught 3 birds in the last week!"
She had seen my earlier posting from December 12 about bird-catching Icelandics.
Suzanne recently "discovered" Icelandic Sheepdogs; she's been doing agility for some time now and never, NEVER, thought she would do conformation (the breed ring stuff). Yet here she and Tryggur are now and doing very, very well! Yea team Suzanne and Tryggur! I had a long awaited chance to meet them face to face (muzzle to face?) when they were in East Lansing, Michigan recently. I am so glad I had the chance to meet up with her. I feel like I've known her forever and Tryggur looked even better than the first time I saw him.

I have said for years now that Icelandics have a way of moving in and changing the way you think about things. Another lady I know is going to be breeding Icelandics soon and she never, NEVER, thought she would ever do that either.

No comments: