Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday, April 10, 2016

February 10 Oops, It feels like February but it's April!!

I have a Murder of Crows that stops by almost every day in the afternoon.  There are dozens and dozens of them swooping, perching, cawing. I LOVE crows. The dogs? Not so much; they do not like them. Clicking on photos enlarges them.



I honestly thought a few weeks ago that I could stop filling the bird feeders but with the really cold and snowy weather we've been having, I've had to take two recent trips to Tractor Supply for niger, sunflowers, and suet; today I will take a third trip. Thank you but enough. Please.

 
By more and more scientific accounts, we are currently in a new era - the anthropocene because of the huge die-offs of species of plants and animals. How odd, eh? That our species could kill off so many others changing the course of events. The world will survive.




 
Last Sunday was my birthday and I got one card. I guess a disadvantage to growing old is that friends and relatives grow apart - literally and figuratively, move to 'better' climate areas, get old and forgetful, and just simply die off. It would be nice to make new friends; hard to do I guess. I look old but still feel almost all of the time like I'm in my forties. (Of course I avoid mirrors like crazy.)

Thankfully I have my dogs, cats, and a bird; we are growing old together.

No comments: