Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

I'm not good at reading signs. I wonder what this meant.

They're not finished but both the sitting room and the pole barn are getting close, very close.






Last winter the Sanilac Conservation District sent out a notice advertising trees and shrubs for the yard. Who could resist? Not me. So I ordered several things. On Friday I went to the Sanilac County Fairgrounds to pick up my order. and spent much of the morning on Saturday planting ten persimmon trees (yes, they said they do well in Michigan!), ten hazelnuts, ten elderberry bushes, a large package of wild flower seeds, and a package of tree planting gel. I have ordered some of those things from nurseries, catalog nurseries, in the past and had miserable luck so I wasn't expecting much. The prices were incredibly low so I figured, why not? They were large bare root plants and easy to plant. I'd never used the gel before and it was so cool.
 
Immediately after everything was successfully in the ground the USPS delivered an order from Jung's - the Yellow Rose of Texas, several Rhododendrons (Hellikki hybrid, Helsinki University, Dandy Man, and Pohjola's Daughter) and some Haskaps (Borealis and Tundra and a pollinator). The sun was shining, I planted and Daren worked on the sitting room and the pole barn.

No comments: