Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

I had just finished planting some plants received near the end of last week when I noticed several boxes by the garage door - more plants!

This morning's first light: -

I has mistakenly thought that some paintings were going to be delivered yesterday but it's this coming Saturday they will arrive. The timing is good because the sitting room and pole barn might be done, completely done by then.

I Ching

Kata

I have two cats, both are rarely seen by visitors because they don't like company. I Ching, one of those cats, has incredibly thick and soft hair which forms enormous tangles that must be cut out using scissors. Surprisingly she doesn't seem to mind. I think she probably sleeps better after they're gone. That's what she does best: Sleep.

A First Light from Last Week

For several weeks I had been experiencing some discomfort in my groin area and thought little of it. Finally this morning I took a trip to the ER of the hospital in Sandusky and they discovered a rupture. I'll try and make an appointment this week to have it looked at and have some surgery done. I do a lot of work up here and love doing it but I must have pushed beyond the limits to cause the rupture.  Was it when I cut down and moved some ash trees killed by the emerald ash borer, or was it when I move my wood pile from one spot to another, or maybe when I moved a large heavy oak dining room table from one room to another, or maybe when I moved five easy chairs from one room to another. Dunno!

I love this time of the year. Plants that have been sleeping hidden underground are now starting to reappear and I am renewing my acquaintance with them. Trying to remember their names after many months isn't always easy. There are also many, many newly sprouting seedlings of plants scattered around. I love those volunteers because you never know what they will look like after growing.

I told myself that I was going to try very hard this time not, NOT, to plant two plants in the same spot. In the past I've often done that. It's easy to forget where a plant is growing when it's dormant so I have more times than I can count planted another plant on top of a forgotten dormant plant. Maybe that makes things more interesting. From the same spot at different times of the year you get different flowers. Sadly - maybe sadly - I continue to plant more than one plant in the same space.

I have not had visitors since last September. I wonder if any will ever come again.

No comments: