Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Taxes - Done

Three generations of Icelandic Sheepdogs: (left to right) Vinlands Piaf (Pila), Vinlands Ulfbehrta Kit (Kit not Kitty), and Thordunu Kria. (I didn't notice Kersins Kata's butt on the left until I downloaded the first photo below.) Pila is litter sister to Vinlands Totty, Kit's mother. Totty and Pila were born 2/19/2008 so they just turned nine years old. Kit was born 2/15/2015 and just turned two. (December must be a romantic month.) Kria will turn 13 on May 5 and came from Sigurlaug Hauksdóttir in Iceland. They are all wonderful dogs! Clicking on photos will enlarge them.




My cats don't get photographed often because they are not around often. I Ching does not admit that I live here and provide for all her needs.  Violet never appears when I have visitors but the rest of the time she is omnipresent. She is a great, lap-sitting cat who loves to be petted and talked to.

I Ching

Violet

If you've been paying attention, you know that I love Clivia. I love the color of the flowers and theit aroma. In their new home here they each flower several times a year. In Royal Oak they were picky eaters. I started with one decades ago. By harvesting seeds I've managed to produce maybe eight more, keeping three and sharing the others. The seeds take more than a year to mature. Like humans the seeds take nourishment from the parent plant placenta-like to give them a head start on life. The red seed on the right below is more than a year old now. It will be ready to plant when a new root and small leaves poke through the red seed coat.  Immediately below are several seedlings that are about three years old. They grow slowly but live a long time.




Of course I have to add some sunrises.



I went back to Cora in Royal Oak today to do my taxes. If my president doesn't pay taxes though, why should I - I wonder.

No comments: