Monday, October 9, 2017

As Far As The Crows Fly - Saturday, October 9, 2017

My Icelandic Sheepdogs didn't like that crows nested in a tree in the north east corner of Nordmark last summer Close enough to tease and tempt them but a safe distance - the dogs continue to keep a close watch on them proclaiming their territory from the dead branch of a tree near their nest. Clicking on photos enlarges them.


Kit has been looking for a boyfriend. I have mixed feelings about a winter litter though. I'm tempted and the right male would convince me.

The smells of newly fallen leaves beginning to decompose, the dew on the grass, and the moist earth from last night's rain are intoxicating. Autumn smells are fantastic, aren't they.



I'm so grateful that I can appreciate the morning "first lights" and sunrises again.  The views from my windows are stunning. I wished for an Ed Duff painting but got the ever changing live views instead.



Jon, Tracy, Warhol, and Frank arrived a few minutes after this family of turkeys was grazing outside Sans Souci - the pole barn. I've been watching the family grow since the babies hatched earlier this spring/summer. They are often on my road in and rummaging for food through the forest and field here.




Aren't they magnificent. I read once I think that Ben Franklin wanted them to be our national bird.

No comments: